Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wish I'd thought of that

As my earliest readers might remember, my very first trip to Singapore ended with me getting stranded in Hong Kong for several hours. It wasn't a very pleasant experience, but I didn't let it bother me nearly as much as this woman did. By sheer patience (okay, and spending a bit more money), I ended up with a first class flight back to Taipei. Maybe this is the way to make that happen faster?

By the way, I have seen it suggested that maybe she had a legitimate reason for being distraught, such as having a sick relative she was desperate to see. If I find out anything like that was the case, I promise to remove this. But if not...okay, it still wasn't in very good taste to put this on YouTube either way. But as millions of people have said by now, "If you don't want it posted on the Internet, don't do it."

2 comments:

Patrick said...

That's nuts it's got to be an act!

Gayla said...

Dave!!!
Hey sweetie! I was thinking about you, thought I'd use the "internets" to see if I could find you, and voila!!! I've just spent a little time reading your 2007 and 2008 experiences and adventures. Last we talked you were in Denver and getting ready to head to Paris...and now you're in Singapore?!?!?!?! Color me green, young man. What a very, very exciting life you seem to be living! So exactly what are you doing? Start up company? Details, details! Are you still in touch with Garry? I guess you know his wife Cathy lost her battle with cancer. Garry and I talk occasionally, not as often as I should, but I hope to see him later this spring. He has some kind of job training coming up in Memphis, or maybe when he comes down for Stars Fell on Alabama.
Life is good for me. I enjoy my new (18 mos.) job. Of course it helps that I'm working with/for my dearest friends and that I get to take my Tiki pupper to work everyday! The bad side of it is that I'm in the mortgage industry.
Thought about you a lot during the election/campaign. I started out as an Edwards fan, switched to Hillary, but then read Obama's books and became a believer. So far, I'm pleased with his job performance and President Obama sounds pretty wonderful! I want to hear more from you, about what you're up to, and all the fun you have to be having on your trip around the world! Hope to hear from you soon! (gayla1234@charter.net)Take care of yourself!
Love, Gayla