Thursday, October 14, 2004

No matter how old I get...

Writing "personal statements" for university applications still sucks. After forcing myself to write at least one paragraph every day since Sunday, this one is starting to come together, though. Thank heavens. It's amazing how long a two page paper can take when the stakes are high!

Had a heart-attack moment in kindy yesterday when I was reprimanding a couple of kids for talking nonstop during the lesson...and I glanced out my classroom window to see the branch director and regional manager observing me. I felt compelled to go downstairs and apologize after class, explaining that it was otherwise a great class today.

Their response: "No, no, it was great! We like your communication with the kids."

They do like discipline here, I guess.

EDITED TO ADD: The "reprimand" in question was entirely verbal. After reading one of the attached comments, it occurred to me that my use of that word coupled with my last line made the episode sound quite a bit uglier than it really was. Oops!

No comments: