Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wonder what they dip the fries in

This may have made the rounds on the Series Of Tubes a few times already, but...a New York restaurant now has a $175 hamburger. Times obviously aren't hard for everybody. Note the foie gras bit...why would you do that with foie gras?! (Yes, among my souvenirs from Paris is the fact that I now really love the world's most inhumane food. Don't knock it till you've tried it.) The whole thing is just wrong, though, isn't it? I'm reminded of the Hardee's Monster Thickburger from a few years ago (never ate one, never will), where the whole point was to be as anti-nutritious as they possibly could - here, the name of the game is being as wasteful as you can get.

It does make me feel a bit less guilty about the "gourmet burger" I bought in London that time for thirteen pounds. It was good, but not that good...but it also didn't cost more than a week's worth of groceries!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

If I had more money at the moment I would buy a ticket to NY to replace the VERY nice suit that BA blew up 2 years ago and then, if I still had more extra money, I would get one of those burgers...

Its one of those once in a lifetime things. Where else can I get a burger with Black truffles!

Cheers,

P