Friday, June 26, 2009

Wacko Jacko

Well, I didn't expect that to be the next way he got his name in the news.

Like a lot of people my age, Thriller was (I think) the first album I ever bought, though I am probably one of the few who got it on vinyl rather than casette (remember, it came out the year before the CD was introduced). Since then, like most people my age, I have gone from loving it to hating it and back to conceding that it is a gem of a pop album even if everything else about its creator was repulsive. At least whatever demons inspired him to such a bizarre lifestyle will not be doing so any longer. RIP.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Liz was particularly shocked at having Jacko and Farah Fawcett both die on her birthday.

We all knew there was a good chance something like this would happen reasonably soon but I figured he would have kicked off by some weird blood disease or melted on stage or something not drugs and a heart attacked. How cliched.

Troubled, freakish man but what an entertainer!

Cheers,

P