Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Timing is everything

If you have to get sick in the midst of the swine flu pandemic, there's one silver lining. When I went to the clinic and said I'd had coldlike symptoms for about a week and they hadn't gone away, I was allowed to see a doctor much more quickly than I usually would! It wasn't swine flu, so there is that. It was a throat infection, and a day's worth of antibiotics later, I'm feeling somewhat better. It seems fitting that this happened during the middle of a move (which I had been greatly looking forward to, but still a move. They're stressful. More on that later.). Between the hassle of moving and the matter of my health, this week started out with it being a pretty safe bet that I would be a lot better off at the end of the week. It looks that way. I guess I'm also lucky that this came during a lull in business travel. The only thing worse than being sick is being sick and having to spend time in airports and on planes and in other people's offices.

Tonight will be my first night in the new flat, and I might even be able to breathe normally enough to sleep through it. I'll have some thoughts on the move shortly. Lots to tell there!

No comments: