Thursday, May 20, 2004

Denial ain't just a river in Africa

Have a look at the latest outrage concerning the Log Cabin Republicans. It almost sounds like they're surprised that their party is dominated by people who think they're diseased at best and evil at worst. Um, guys, where have you been for the past 25 years or so?

If any members of that group happen to read my straight-but-not-narrow blog, I'd really like you to tell me: are those tax breaks really worth it? Do you really love your money so much that you're willing to go on allying yourself with people who hate you just because they'll vote for your rather selfish economic interests? I don't get it. I know at least one friend of mine back in DC thinks it's all because you're mostly white males and being gay is the only thing you don't have going for you in a right-wing culture, but I don't buy that. I've seen enough homophobia to know that that's an awfully big exception, and I'm sure you have too. So, really. Tell me. What gives?

No comments: