Monday, July 19, 2004

Still Ramblin'

Just checking in and trying to break up what's turning into a lengthy absence! Things are still going fine, but I'm finding myself in one of those odd stretches where I'm too busy to spend much time on things like blogging and at the same time, nothing too newsworthy has happened. Even the most adventurous jobs are just jobs now and then.

Got to see my first ever televised rugby match on Saturday afternoon, at a popular Western hangout in Taipei. It was Australia vs. New Zealand, and I was tagging along on the trip with one colleague from each country, which made for interesting banter after the game. I can't say I have any more use for organized sports now than I ever have before, but watching the rain-drenched game on the big screen in a dark and cool locale with cheering fans around and the tropical craziness of Taiwan miles away on the other side of the pub door was the coziest feeling I've experienced in a while. I think I'm going to enjoy cold weather just a little bit more when I leave here.

No comments: