Sunday, October 7, 2007

Grand reopening

Welcome back, hope you all like the new look. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to re-post the music links, as it occurred to me that even I hadn't checked any of them in months. We'll see.

As for the "Guess the meaning of the title" contest, Pat got it half right: moien does indeed mean "hello" in Luxembourgsh. Since no one else tried to guess about 167, much less got it right, he wins. I already owed you the next round of drinks, Pat; maybe I'll get the next two now, if you can find me!

Now, what does 167 refer to? It's Luxembourg's rank among the countries of the world in terms of size. Wikipedia lists it at 175, but that's including a number of entities that are not really countries (Greenland, French Guiana, Puerto Rico, etc.). I guess that is fairly obscure, isn't it?

No comments: