Sunday, November 18, 2007

Great week. Now what?

As my life continues to come back together, slowly but surely, the afterglow of that batch of great interviews has me pondering what comes next. It was a good start, that's for sure. But all I can do about those leads now is wait, which is a bit frustrating after the wonderfully busy week I just had. I can, of course, continue to look for other opportunities, and I will. There are also two more job fairs coming up at the end of the month, one of which was invite-only - and I have been invited. All very promising.

Still, after a mostly wonderful week back in Paris, I am now remembering that I do need to look elsewhere as well. There's even the slight chance I might stay in Luxembourg, as there does seem to be plenty of work available here. I was scared out of looking here for a while, thanks to an egregiously nasty remark from an HR rep here about hiring non-EU workers. (I am a bit wary about repeating anything too specific from that place, but if you're curious, e-mail me and I'll share it.) Now that I've done a bit of searching, I see that work permits are not all that far out of reach. I'm also thinking of going for what you might call a "job search visa" in a couple of different locales elsewhere if I don't get a solid offer first.

So many choices, huh? I guess I should stop thinking of that as a bad thing. It's just that I could use a bit more stability just now. But that will be here soon enough!

No comments: