Monday, January 7, 2008

But the life and the telling are both real to me...

I'm selling my memoirs,
I'm writing it down
If no one will pay me
I'll burn down the town!

-Procol Harum, "A Rum Tale"


As you can see on the right, the oldest of the archives are back. I also have all the posts from the first part of 2007 saved, and will be adding those later on. Regrettably, most of the entries from 2005 and 2006 are lost, but I do have a few I saved, which I'll also add in whenever I get around to it. Really, the oldest and the newest are the best anyway.

I must admit, it was rather bittersweet to read some of those old entries, particularly the ones about John Kerry's chances in the election and about Trina's arrival in Taiwan. (I haven't kept in touch with her, but we did part as friends more or less. Still...) But it's all part of the story, and now it's there for my newer readers who might have missed it the first time around.

Also, since I've been known to wax nostalgiac about the big move to Taiwan, and since I haven't really stopped moving since then, and since that's what the blog started out to be all about, I've added a rather lengthy collection of memories from the big trip. I wrote it about two years ago in Denver (i.e. about two years after the events actually happened), but I've filed them under February 2004 for the sake of simplicity. Hope you like it, but be warned, it's long!

No comments: