Monday, January 21, 2008

See you in April

The good news is, it looks like I'll be moving back to Paris as soon as I can find a room there. And yes, that really is good news. I have missed that town.

The bad news is, the reason why I'm moving back is that I have to take care of yet another wrinkle in my coursework that will require all my attention until halfway through April. While I will probably have some free time between now and then, I don't want this space to turn into a self-pitying fest like I know it can sometimes. Let's face it, there's no nice way of saying "the past six months have handed me one disaster after another and every time I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel things somehow get even worse." But that is pretty much the way it is, and there's no chance of that changing before April. I've always believed things do get better if you never give up, but I have come to question that lately. I'm sure my friends don't want to hear that again and again over the next two months, and I don't want to be the one to say it either.

Thanks, everyone, for your companionship and such. If I make it through this latest challenge (yes, if I make it through), I look forward to sharing happier times.

See you in April.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Well unless you're on trial for securities fraud or child molestation, and you're not ill then I say plow through the crap and wait for the sun on the other side.

That and provided nothing gets derailed on my end I'll probably be in Brussels the weekend of either March 9th or 16th, more likely the 9th.

If you can it woudl be great to see you there (or brugge or antwerp or any other city outside of brussels if you are not interested in interested). If not then I will try to get into paris for the saturday.

Cheers,

P