Monday, December 27, 2004

12/26 Blues

And so that was Christmas.

It was a pretty good one. My illness was mostly past, enabling me to eat substantially for the first time in three days. Always a good thing, that. I taught one class in the morning (it's not an official holiday here, after all) and then Trina and I were off to Taipei for the afternoon. A pleasant few hours were spent in the bookstore, then after a pleasant dinner we caught the bus home. A low-key Christmas, but a nice one.

I'm not feeling so cheery today. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because my illness is still only mostly past, although I do feel a heck of a lot better than last week. Maybe it's the chilly, drizzly weather or the Taiwanese's maddening tendency to pretend their semi-tropical weather is fully tropical by leaving all the windows open even when it's cold. Maybe it's that post-Christmas realization that yet another year has gone by. It was a very, very good year for me in most respects, so I know I shouldn't complain, but still. Another year. When did I grow up, anyway?

I'll be fine in a day or two. Happy new year!

No comments: