Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One piece of good news, anyhow

Just after I hit send on that last post, I stopped by to chat with the guy in charge of the internship-for-credit program here. I explained that I had tried to get in touch with my assigned mentor for the program regarding my problems with the internship and my plans for what to do next, but that he hadn't replied to my repeated e-mails. I fully expected the professor to tell me it was somehow my fault, because that's the way it usually works around here. Instead, he said he'd run into the same problem with that mentor and that I could now deal directly with him instead, which would be much easier for both of us. He also said I could still get credit for my internship if I turned in a final paper by new year's.

I guess it's pretty sad that I've come to the point of being surprised when somebody here cuts a student a bit of slack and deals with the student reasonably, but hey a nice surprise is a nice surprise. And it was something I could certainly use just now!

No comments: