Saturday, November 20, 2004

You can STILL mess with that mouse in Orlando

Need a great way to waste a Saturday afternoon on the Internet? Have a look at this site for All Things Disney. Yeah, yeah, I know they're an evil greedy multimedia empire and ol' Walt wasn't a totally savory character. But you know all those movies you saw on TV once when you were a kid and think no one else remembers? They're all here!

I just went surfing because one of my kindy girls has a shirt with Marie from The Aristocats on it, which got me thinking about how much I loved that movie and how little I can remember about it now. (Oh yeah, and a couple of weeks ago, Trina and I rented You've Got Mail (don't bother if you haven't already), which features a snippet of "Never Smile At a Crocodile" which hasn't stopped replaying in my head since then - how could I have forgotten so completely about that song?! Oh yeah, and every now and then Trina mentions that we should try to find a video of Song of the South as long as we live in a country where it isn't banned. See what I mean? This stuff is everywhere in our lives!) Next thing I know, it's been two hours and vaguely familiar titles (remember The Cat From Outer Space?) are still jumping out at me!

It's a good thing for my credit card balance that I don't have a region 1 DVD player handy.

No comments: